Category - I Activity
Participation: All Delhi Public Schools
- The online event will be conducted by DPS RK Puram from 0000 hours on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 to 2359 hours on Thursday, July 18, 2013.
- Each participating school can be represented by any number of individual participants from classes 6 to 12. A teacher coordinator authorised by the respective school's Principal will do the registration of each participant individually.
- Online Registration will begin on Monday, July 01 2013 and will remain open till July 17, 2013 at www.dpsrkp.net/dpss.
- The event entails a Cryptic Treasure Hunt in which students through their own login ids make their way through a series of online levels of increasing difficulty.
- Participants will be ranked in ascending order of the number of levels solved and the time (e.g. 15:36:21 on July 18) at which they crossed their last solved level (time taken to solve an individual level is irrelevant).
- On some levels, the participants will encounter some clues which shall all, together, point to one answer.
- Participants may not be given different versions of the same level. However, scrupulous care will be taken in designing different versions of the same level so as to ensure that the difficulty and methodology behind solving each version of the level is same.
- For Example:
- Version #1: Decode "dwtmbkzm". Answer: exunclan
- Version #2: Decode "bqqmf". Answer: apple
- In both cases the approach to decrypting is the same. Go one letter forward or backward.
- Clues may be presented in a number of forms, including, but not limited to the: Level Title, Source Code, anything that's on the screen.
- The participants may look for answers anywhere, including, but not limited to, the Internet.
- However, discussion of the levels and their answers with any person via any form of communicationface (face discussion, telephone, email, chat, videoconferencing, social networking platform) is strictly prohibited during the duration of the event. The organisers reserve the right to disallow participation to anyone suspected of doing so.
- Answers will always be lower-case, alphanumeric and will contain no spaces, unless stated otherwise. (Numeric answers may contain decimal points) E.g. if the answer to Level 0 is "Guess Me", input "guessme".
- Don't ignore any of the clues. If they weren't important, they wouldn't be there.
- Beware of the spelling you enter, we cannot auto correct your spellings.
- Remember that there are individual prizes and you are in competition with your friends as well.
- Students of DPS RK Puram will be allowed to participate but shall remain non-competitive at all times.
- Individual prizes will be given to the top 3 rank holders after the event.
- Prizes will also be given to schools for Best Overall Performance (Weighted average of scores) and Highest Participation.
- There is no participation fee for Category I Activities.
Category - II Activities
Participation: Delhi Public Schools in & around Delhi are expected to participate. (However, other Delhi Public Schools can also do so.)
General Instructions for Category II Activities
- Venue : DPS RK Puram Day & Date : Saturday, July 20, 2013
- Reporting Time : 09:30 AM Lunch : 01:00 - 02:00 PM
- Valedictory : 2:30 to 4:00 p.m Dispersal : After the valedictory
- All participants must report sharp at 9:30 a.m. for registration.
- One team consisting of a maximum of 6. Students from classes VI to XII will represent each participating school. A computer teacher coordinator authorized by the respective school's Principal will do the registration. Online Registration will begin on July 01, 2013 and will remain open till Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at www.dpsrkp.net/dpss.
- All the non-competitive events, will run parallel to each other. Please ensure that no student is registered for multiple events.
- Participation Fee of Rs. 350/- per person for Category II Activities only [including accompanying teacher(s)].
- Valedictory Ceremony: All participants are expected to attend the Valedictory Function. Prizes / certificates will be given at the Valedictory Ceremony.
Non-Competitive Events/Interactive Training Sessions
Duration: 3-4 hours
Description and Eligibility
|1. Web Designing||
This session is open to students of class 6 onwards and requires knowledge of basic computer usage and terminology. The session will primarily focus on HTML5, CSS3 and Web 2.0 technologies.
|2. Game Programming Logic||
This event is open to students from class 9 onwards and requires basic programming (preferably C++) knowledge. The session will have prime focus on problem solving techniques and logic building used in development of games.
|3. Graphics and Animation||
This event is open to students of all classes and requires knowledge of basic computer usage and terminology.
This event is open to students of classes 11th and 12th and requires basic knowledge of basic logic, circuits and mechanics.
|5. Mock Parliament Session||
On the issue of "Impact of INTERNET on modern form of LEARNING". Open to students of all classes. Students are expected to have researched the issue in some depth so as to effectively contribute to the discussions. The entire session will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube for students from various DPS schools to watch.
(Students coming to participate in this session are required to make sure that they do not repeat the facts/comments/suggestions/views, which are already discussed and delivered by other student members)
|6. Python Workshop||An interactive session of Python Programming|
For any queries/assistance related to Online/On-site Events please contact:
Host School Event Coordinator
Mr. Mukesh Kumar,
(E) firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
(M) +91-9811685099, (S) +91-11-49115590